Sunday, April 28, 2013

DIY Ring Bearer Pillow

For this pillow, I used 2 square pieces of fabric - it was actually made using the inner lining of the obi (used to make the wedding sash).  I also used some leftover fabric we had from some pillows I had made for our family room . . . making the price of this pillow . . . $0!

First, I cut out a piece of flower fabric (twice the height of what I wanted to show on the pillow.  for the width, I made it about the same size as the white squares).  I sewed the top and bottom horizontal ends together with the design on the inside.  Then, flipped it inside out - so no cut edges would show. 

I took one white square with the shiny side facing up.  Next I took the flower fabric piece and placed it on top (with the seam on the back, facing the white square.  Then I pinned one ribbon to each side of the flower fabric (the shorter sides of the rectangle), pointing inward.  Basically, I laid the fabrics and ribbons out, and pinned them, as I would like to see them on top of the ring bearer pillow. 

Then I laid the 2nd white square on top of all of that - with the shiny side facing in/down.  I sewed all of the pieces together, leaving a little opening, so that I could turn the pillow inside out and stuff it.

 www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com

www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com
Photographed by Quinn Photography (but cropped by the bride).

No comments:

Post a Comment