Wednesday, September 26, 2012

DIY Duvet Cover

This is where the quilting began.  I had been looking for the perfect duvet cover for years.  But, I could never find anything I liked, for a good price.  I wanted something red and black, with a bit of asian influence.  The pillow on top served as my inspiration - something I bought from a trip to Thailand.  After years of looking for a duvet cover in the stores, I decided to try and make my own.  Then I found this beautiful, red curtain fabric on sale!  What's interesting about it is that it has dimension - the ripples are actually indentations.  I also purchased black fabric for the border and buttons to close it (I left an buttoned opening, so that the duvet cover can be taken off for washing). 

www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com

www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com




1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for readymade duvet cover, you can buy it here, I have good experience with this website.

    ReplyDelete