Tuesday, January 29, 2013

DIY Canvas Art

Loved this idea! . . . 'Super Easy Canvas Art' from: http://davisdaybyday.blogspot.com/2011/10/super-easy-canvas-art.html

. . . so I decided to make it for our place!

We had some extra painters tape leftover from painting an accent wall - so I used it on the canvases.  I didn't paint the canvases, nor the tape, white first (as suggested in the blog).  But, I would recommend using your nails to really make sure the painters tape is in the grooves of the canvases.  After painting over the tape with green acrylic paint, and peeling the tape off, I had to touch up some spots with white because the green paint had seeped under the painters tape.

www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com
(This is a picture of just the painters tape on the white canvas)

I didn't cut the tape in half for the smallest lines, either.  The smallest lines are the regular width of the painters tape.  The thicker lines are 2 or 3 rows of overlapping painters tapes. 

Finished product! (I played around with the order of the canvases):
 
www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com

www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com





1 comment: