Monday, November 5, 2012

DIY Wedding Crafts - Handbeaded Sash

. . . and so it begins! The DIY wedding craft blog posts! . . .


My husband, family, and I spent numerous hours with DIY projects for our wedding . . . so be prepared for quite a few posts!  hehe.

Let's see . . . to begin . . . one of the first things I had to buy was my wedding dress.  Being Nikkei, we wanted to find different ways in which to incorporate our cultures into our weddings.   So, one of the first things I purchased was a Japanese obi for my dress (My favorite website for purchasing vintage kimonos and obis!  http://www.ichiroya.com/index.php  - I spent hours and hours searching the web for authentic obis sold for decent prices).  I got this idea from a family friend.  The bridal shop helped to make the sash and bow.  However, I wanted to make the design on the sash more noticeable, so I decided to hand sew glass beads, following the design of the obi.  This took many, many hours - as each bead needed to be sewn, one by one.  For the end beads, I sewed/threaded the clear string back and forth, both ways, so that they were less likely to move.

Here are a couple pictures of the hand-beading I did on the sash.  

www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com
Photographed by Quinn Photography (but photo was cropped by bride)

www.quinnphotography.net, www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com
Photographed by Quinn Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment