Tuesday, July 24, 2012

T-Shirt Quilts

My current project - for a coworker . . . a bunch of her old T-shirts and fabric pieces (after 3 hours in the fabric store! . . . decisions decisions . . . but I was excited for JoAnn's Fabric Store's Coupon Commotion!  And, proud that the receipt said I saved $74!)


. . . This quilt has been difficult to make!  I was supposed to start it back in April, but I fractured my wrist and had to get a cast.  I had to put the project on hold because it even hurt to hold a ruler down.  I picked the project back up last week, and was almost done, but then my sewing machine broke! . . . so I have to wait to get it repaired :(


In the meantime, here are a few other quilts I have made:

This is a T-shirt quilt for another coworker of mine.

www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com

After her quilt was made, she recommended me to the district, to make a quilt - which is now hanging in the office!  Each staff member wrote on a square, and then I sewed them into a quilt.  I am pretty much self taught in quilt making, and use trial by error (which is why I tend to veer towards using squares and rectangles when making quilts).   


www.lwadamelon.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment